Purpose sets direction and must center on something of importance to the people who are to share that direction, including staff, physicians, and management. Patient care is a motivating factor for almost everyone making a choice to work in healthcare. Adaptive Design employs the goal of “Ideal Patient Care” as the shared purpose for everyone across the spectrum of healthcare.
Ideal Patient Care is:
- exactly what the patient needs, when and where they need it
- individually customized care
- immediate response to problems or changes
- safe environment — physically, emotionally, and professionally — for patients, staff, physicians, and management
- no waste of any resource.